Re: RE: Auto or Manual, that is the question

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 01:35:35 EDT

There's no doubt that the 4.7L's torque curve is narrow and "peaky". Maybe
the 45RFE, which was designed in coordination with this engine, is a better
choice?? I have alays been a manual transmissiuon kinda guy, so that's why I
have what I do. I mean, if I wa satisfied with an automatic, I would have a
Dakota R/T, but I just couldn't give up my standard shift intuition. I have
the 3.92track-lok rear as well, and it goes down the road very nicely. From
the little that I have "gotten on" this truck, I can clearly tell that they
are not that fast. Just not enough power to really do anything with. Now,
for what I use it for, it does just fine, but for somebody looking for a
real performance-oriented vehicle, I'd tell them to look elsewhere. I keep
seeing people post about breaking the tires loose on dry pavement, and I
can't see that appening wiht my truck, no matter how hard I push it. I mean
I can catch rubber on the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and I guess if you really tried,
the 4-5 shift. but as far as just punching it and the tires start spinning,
I don't feel like the truck's got that in it. Maybe if I was to side-step
the clutch at about 400 in second, it would go nuts, but I'm not going to do
that! Sorry for the ramble, I don't know where I was going with that.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html