JL Audio Stealthbox

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 18:19:54 EDT

Has anyone installed one of the JL Audio Stealthboxes in their 97+ Dak?

I've been looking at them for a while, and just now got around to calling
for some prices. $549 is the cheapest I could find so far. ($574.99 is
MSRP) (Model SB-D-DAKEXT/8W6/color)

I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on a box with only a single
8. (Not complaining about a single 8 -- it would definitely be enough bass
for me, as I don't like to break everyone's windows while I'm driving)
The biggest advantage I can see is that it's got that amp mounting board
on the right side, which just so happens to be the right size to fit my
tank 85X4 amp onto. (And then fit a mono sub amp under the passenger
seat.)

Any thoughts about these boxes? Finally deciding to put some more money
into my system. (So far, just replaced the head unit and speakers...and
bought the amp that has been sitting in my closet until I could come up
with somewhere to put it.)

Thanks,

-Bill

--