Re: Drag Racing - Part II; or What the hell?!?!?

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 02:26:34 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/01 12:08:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
prodog@swbell.net writes:

<< Run #5

    60' - 2.378
    330 - 6.658
    1/8 - 10.171
    mph - 70.62
    1000- 13.182
    1/4 - 15.798
    mph - 85.29

 Later,
 Tom "Slick" >>

Tom,
Do you have traction problems coming off the line? Your 60 ft times vary by
at least 1/10th. Also, what was the air temp at this run and the others that
you are comparing it to? A difference of 10 degrees makes a BIG difference
in power. Also, the shorter runners will make you loose a little low end,
which can account for the weird 1/8 vs 1/4 times and mph. I would stick with
the MP computer, think about some 3.92 gears with a posi or a locker. Also
look into the Viper tq converter or you could have one made for you probably
a little cheaper. Also, see about getting some nice and sticky tires out
back and launching above 2000 rpms if possible. If you need some slicks, I
can loan you my N50's. lol They might stick out a little bit though. ;o)
Also, since you shortened the runners, what rpm are you shifting at? You
want to shift as high as possible since the shorter runners help the top end
out a good bit. HTH

Will
p.s. Thank goodness I spell checked this one!!! LMAO

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"