Re: need audio help

From: Stephen Reill (sreill@OPTONLINE.NET)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 08:33:54 EDT

Thanks for the advice guys. Im going to try a few more things.
The box is air tight though..Its not the length of the entire seat..It is
just on the driver side half or the box. The tool tray if you look is
split into 2 sides..I am utilizing the driver side...There is a lip or
indent and the board fits right into it..and its tight...so I dont think
air leakage is a prob..

Mike, there is room for a 10" or 2 8" subs..I had both configurations in
there. They fit

>From my minimal experience and fron what you guys are saying, I think it
just needs more space to function right..

As for my head unit filtering out the signal, I have an ajustable amp with
the filter and I assumed that would over ride and filters on the head
unit..Is this correct?

Looks like Ill try a few more things and if they dont work out Ill live
with it until I can talk the better half into a thunderform:)

----------
> From: Mike Styer <m_styer@go.com>
> To: dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
> Subject: Re: DML: need audio help
> Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 11:57 PM
>
> Stephen,
>
> I read over your intructions that you sent me...I am not sure about the
size of the tool box in your QC, but in my 93 CC there really isnt enough
air space for anything bigger than a 6x9". Now on my 93 CC the tool box is
in two parts, a side for the jack and tools and an empty compartment for
whatever. I have a custom box that I made for myself that actually
replaces the rear seat, but I have been thinking of cutting the bottom out
of the storage compartment side and fiberglassing in a new bottom. I am
thinking that would get me enough air space for atleast one efficient sub.
(if anyone else has already tried this or something like this, please let
me know).

> I remember you mentioning in an earlier post that you didnt like cutting
into the tool box, but for the QC (and all I remember is when I spent an
afternoon test drving one ;) there didnt seem to be a lot of extra room
around. And in an automobile, the key to deeper base is simply more air.
Thats why the 10" and the 8" are sounding so much alike. So maybe if you
cut out the bottom of the tool box on one side and used the lid/op/deck you
made before and maybe a free-air style subwoofer, it would work better.

> Hope it helps.
>
> PS. http://www.CustomCarSound.com/frame_installation.html...its probably
the best overall car audio site I have found yet.