Re: need audio help

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@kcnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 18:01:39 EDT

>As for my head unit filtering out the signal, I have an ajustable amp with
>the filter and I assumed that would over ride and filters on the head
>unit..Is this correct?

No. If the head unit is filtering out the lows the amp can do nothing to
get them back.

Air leaks are easily detectable by feel. If your mounting board is just
friction fit into place I'd definitely be looking for air leaks. You may
want to try some dense closed-cell foam weatherstripping to help the seal.

How much air space do you have??. With irregular shape boxes you can use
water or pelletized material to physically measure the airspace.

mm