Tracking it down...

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 20:54:21 EDT

Well, I've been tracking down why my Dak is not running very strong...

Got a new cap and rotor, plug wires, plugs...

Had the Cam checked to make sure it was degreed properly...guess what, it
is!! Woohoo...

Seems that the intake is the prime suspect... it's got the runners
shortened, but the internal volume of it was not reduced, too... this means
that the engine has to work harder to get more air in at lower RPM... going
to dyno this intake, then change it out with a stock one, and then dyno the
stock one...and then I should know for sure if that was the problem...

I'll keep everyone posted!

Later,
Tom "Slick"

My Homepage -