Re: Moving to OH--how to prepare?

From: Ragnarok (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 05:14:41 EDT

Jason Yates wrote:

> Well, the Air Force tells me it's time to move. Looks like I'll
> <snip>
> chains necessary? I'd appreciate the input.
>
> Thanks!
>
> =====
> Later,
> JY

Hey Jason, welcome to Ohio, I'm in Toledo, and oh yes, do they salt the roads...I
wash mine religiously, and if you want to spend the dough, undercoating is an
excellent idea also, although if you spend that kind of money, you might as well
get a winter beater, and remove the Dak from the weather altogether. Which also
saves her from being involved in a silly winter patch-of-ice spin out or
fenderbender...As far as I know, no studded or chained tires allowed, but if you
decide to drive her in the winter, I would HIGHLY recommend some sort of winter
tire...I know that one from experience....Ziex 502s just don't grip that well in
slush...heh...
  And see you at the May 19 meet, if you make it in time...

William