RE: Bed Mounted Toolboxes

From: Chad Simon (chad.simon@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 04:58:06 EDT

Aleck,

I have a bed mounted toolbox that is now in a second dak (first dak was
totaled). It was made by UWS (United Welding Services). It was bought
through AgriSupply in Garner, North Carolina. They have a website and do
catalog mail order http://www.agri-supply.com/catmain/5100000.htm They also
sell Rawson Koenig. Mine is a deep box which was not a normal stock for them
but I waited an extra month and they ordered it with coming months stock and
avoided paying a $50 special order fee. The box came to a total of $250 and
well worth every penny. I will never have another truck that does not have
a bed mounted tool box. Below are some pics where you can see how it looked
in my 2001 and 1999. I would advise that it mount one to get a good set of
hold down clamps, I got mine from a truck accessory/tool shed business that
is made of aluminum like what is used for truck shells but designed for tool
boxes, it may scuff a little paint on the bottom of the bed rail but it does
not place bends in the bed rail.

BTW - AgriSupply also sells a class III hitch (no drill) for $61.95, yep,
added one last week. The wiring kit was only $17.95 vs. $20 from Advance
Auto. I have not seen better prices on their items elsewhere yet.

2001 Dak SLT
http://www.echomarket.com/dakota/pics.html
1999 Dak Sport
http://www.echomarket.com/dakota/99pics.html

Chad Simon - Worldcom
chad.simon@wcom.com v737-1430
Service Quality Web Team - Project Manager / Web Developer
CS&SO Information Station
Internal Website: http://wcomnet.com/ncsc