Re: Resonance of exhaust in cab, help!!!!

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 18:55:05 EDT

Don, I love the resonance my system gives me! I tried this: I laid a quarter
in the floor of the fold-down console with the lid open, and if you
accelerate, the quarter will dance! Now that's some real exhaust! Now,
that's not to say that I'm going to grill you for wanting to make your truck
quieter. It's your truck, and if I can help you do something to make it
better for you, then I'm all there! I've not personally heard a 70-series
flowmaster so I can't really tell you from personal experience. I might
suggest an ultraflow muffler. Stock on the R/T, they are a good flowing
muffler and I've known them to be relatively quiet. You might could even
pick one up off of someone with an R/T who has gone to something more
aggressive. You might consider a single exhuast
becuase they don't create the same resonance and the pulses don't fight each
other as much as a dual system will. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: MALDBNSF@aol.com

Its been a year now that I've had my truck and I had put on the custom
exhaust system on the truck about a week after I got it. Here the trouble,
the resonance sound from the exhaust has been getting to me lately. When I
first got it the volume in the cab was to much, so I went back to the place
that installed it. They added a Glass pack between the Flow-pro and the cat.
This help with about 70% of the noise. But I'm looking to cut down on even
more of it. I see in the Jeg's catalog the Flowmaster 70 series is the
lowest
level of interior sound and resonance. Is there a 70 series Flowmaster with
1
in and 2 out that would fit the '00 QC? Can anyone offer any hints or tips
on
this? I find that the most noise is about 1500 to 2100 rpm under partial to
full throttle. I have photos of the system on my web site at
http://geocities.com/maldbnsf/catback.html

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Auto, 3.55(Mobil 1 lube), SLT, DML Sticker, Mobil 1
oil,
oil cooler,

Flow-Pro cat back. Home brew w/ K&N, 180 T-stat, Tinted windows, Bug

Screen, so on and so on. It's all listed on my DML page and on my web site.

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!