Testing the map sensor

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 23:07:40 EDT

Hi, I'm trying to diagnose poor gas milage on my 95 dak 3.9 and I found
these instructions on the Mitchell Repair Info. DVD at school:

it says where the MAP sensor is... I check the voltage from the center
termainal with the ignition switch on I should get 4.0-5.0 volts with the
engine runing it should be 1.5-2.1 volts. The test must be performed with
the connector in place. How can I test the voltage of the center terminal
if there is no way to get the dvom probes into the wire?

Thanks,
Geoff