Re: Project ideas

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 23:46:00 EDT

Will, I haven't measured it to see, but it looks like to me that gen-I chevy
S-10 taillights would be easy to adaps to the gen-II Dakota. The housing are
both rectangular and are a 90* angle.If you're going to go so far as to
shave the door handles and emblems,you are getting into body fabrication
anyway. Why not mod your current taillight buckets to acccept gen-I S-10
lights? Mock it up with a set of junk housing off an S-10, then you could
order clear or euro tails to go right in when you get it setup! Becuase they
are similar in size and shape, you could probably pass them off as Dakota
parts! What do you think???

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: ABeerCan@aol.com

   If you have any
other ideas about tail lights (no LED please, they go out too often and cost
alot more than a light bulb to replace!) please let me know!

The other Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS fed Liquid/Air intercooled 408 Dakado