poor milage revisited

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 22:38:52 EDT

Hey all,
    I've been trying to figure out why I get 12 mpg with my 95 3.9L 6
standard cab, short bed, Auto tranny but it's to no avail. I'm not getting
any DTCs and I didn't find any TSBs for this problem. I've checked the MAP
sensor and people say my reading was okay, but I thought it seemed a little
high. I have a TFX split rear exhaust system, a MSD 6A ignition, and JBA
headers on the way. None of these should hurt gas milage so that can't
explain anything. I've been getting 12 as long as I've had the truck but I
have friends with the same truck (except manual trannys) that are
consistently getting 20 mpg. What else can I try? Oh yeah, I also
installed new spark plugs (Bosch 3x platinum) wires, cap and rotor.

Are there any web sites that address these problems, or what have you guys
done?
Thanks, Geoff Fahl geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com