Re: poor milage revisited

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 11:32:12 EDT

I don't know if this will help or hurt MPG but with the MSD ignition you need to
get rid of the platinum plugs and get a set of copper core plugs. MSD says in
the instruction to not use platinum plugs. I have a 92 V6 CC with the MSD 6A,
Accel coil, MSD 8.5mm wires and Autolite 3923 plugs and I get 17 mpg running
around town. I get 17-18 mpg on a trip. (2500 lb popup camper and a bed loaded
with gear and toys for the kids) The last time I took a trip with the truck with
no camper I got 24 mpg. How old is your O2 sensor?

Doug Fedeli