O2 sensor question revisited

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 18:22:08 EDT

Jon,

    Thanks for the input. I was wondering something, though. I realized that
the wires by the O2 sensor were shielded so I decided to tie into closer to
the PCM. I found the dark green/pink wire, but in looking at the FSM again,
it looked like that wire was for the heater element.
    I then saw the orange/tan wire going to the PCM in the diagram so I
tapped into this one. I know that these gauges jump around, but mine goes
from one end to the other (while the engine is cold) and it doesn't make any
difference as far as throttle or IAT adjuster settings. Am I just not giving
it enough time to get into closed loop or did I tap into the wrong wire?
Does yours continually jump from one end to the other regardless of open vs.
closed loop?

Thanks again,

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com

jon@jonsteiger.com ---.
> | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot -
SEL |

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'