Re: Re: 318 (5.2L) Stroker

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 00:57:23 EDT

Absolutely not, the big block is much much heavier and you have fitment
problems. Besides you'd really want a 440 crank in a 400 low deck big
block...

But 360 blocks are a dime a dozen. And the striker parts are easier to
come by, why, because it makes sense to stroke one. Nice lightweight 400ci
package. Not bad. And the parts that actually work for a stroker engine
are going to be lots lots less for the 360 than for the 318/340.

I actually know of some successful racers that DE-stroke the 318 and build
these little 9000 rpm buzz bomb motors for sprint cars. Talk about
different!

Sorry to be a little insulting to ya'
You're not the first who looked at something that seems so obvious, but
haven't walked through the whole project. You won't be the last.

-STE