Re: squeal when steeringwheel's hard over

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 16:01:03 EDT

Nope, it definitely isn't belt noise. It's really high pitched,
just like brake squeal. I'm almost certain it is related to the
rotation of the front wheels, because the frequency of the noise
changes according to the vehicle speed - about one squeal for
each tire revolution. But it does this without the brakes being
applied, so I'm not sure what's causing it. (My brakes don't even
squeal when I *do* apply them)

-kevin d.