Re: Moab pictures are up!!!--2?'s for Tom

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 01:14:54 EDT

Hey Tom,
While we're all putting the squeeze on you for information, I
have a couple questions for you. The first one is easy--what'd
you make the rock guards out of? I assume they are custom--I've
been wanting to do something similiar instead of the poser nerf
bars that are sold by the aftermarket. (Not meant to affend
anyone--I just want off-road protection, more than I want good
looks.)

Second question is little more in depth--can you give us the
details on the solid front axle conversion you're planning? I
too have heard that the Rancho and TC lifts aren't built for
hard-core wheel'n and although I have yet to tackle the type of
terrain that you obviously do, I would like to be able to in the
future and not have worry (as much) about breaking things. Are
you going to do something similiar to the 4Wheel & Off-road Quad
Cab they did a couple year's ago? I have tons more questions,
but I'll refrain from bugging you too much . . . for now.

Thanks!
Jason
Las Vegas, NV

PS. Meant to tell you that your truck looks great!

--- "Tom F. Buban" <biokiller@ameritech.net> wrote:
> O.K. here goes. I've had the kit on for 80,000 miles. I take
> my truck off-road.
> I try to do the hardest trails out there. I have not broke
> anything on there
> kit. But I have bent there lower A-arm drop bracket so they
> are almost flat!!!
> My whole front end has shifted towards the back of the truck.
> It still is in
> line, drives fine, but it will break off the next trip I take.
>
> Now your average 4 wheeler, should have very little problems.
> But if you are
> going to do some serious 4 wheeling, save your $$ and start
> with a straight
> axle conversion.
> I will take some pics of the brackets and put them up on my
> site.
>
> Tom

<snip>
> that I'm