RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 00:40:20 EDT

Very few new GTs run 13s stock, that's evident by the absolute fastest time
you'll see is 13.9 with great track conditions and a good altitude. Most of
the 5-speeds are low 14s, and most autos ar mid to high 14s, ala the one my
bro (Brian raced), so if you're giving mid 14s, should be more than enough,
but by the way it runs and the way it hung right next to a modded 5.0 up to
120MPH earlier today, I'll be more than surprised at mid 14s. Those 5.0s
havelow 2.73/3.08 gears while my truck has 3.92 gears and the aerodynmaics
of a brick, yet we still hung exactly beside one from 70-120 (we actuallky
pulled a fender by 85, then thy made that up by 110 and we just hung there).
Try to race a 5.0 up to 120 without an SCer and you'll see what I'm talking
about. From a stoplight or under 85MPH, they are an easy kill without heavy
mods(this one had cam, xpipe, no cats, flows, cold air, etc) but after 85
and especially after 100 there gearing shows.

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
All the 4.7 guys have t say R/Ts rock after I bring home a 13 second slip
this weekend (weather permitting).