Re: Re: Failed Emission Testing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 16:07:11 EDT

> I agree w/Steven about the injectors. Pintle (stock) vs Disc (FMS) style
can
> give quite different results. Rather than pulling them - I would try a
can
> of that stuff from Autozone that reduces hydrocarbons. I've heard of lots
of
> people who swear by it. Oh yeah - BTW my latest mancini racing catalog
(came
> yesterday w/my oil pan package) has a clearance special on the stock
magnum
> 19lb injectors for $10 each. Thats got to be cheaper than a professional
> cleaning job. Regular price is around $14-15 a piece. Good Luck!

Well I picked up a can of CRC Emissions Pass(hydrocarbon reducer, $7) and
just added that to my gas tank. It says to drive through the 'cleaning'
tankful and then refill and get tested. Says it guarantees you to pass or
double your money back. I also bought a K&N Service Cleaning Kit from Pep
boys for $11, a new PCV Valve for $1.99 and six Autolite Coppers, like $6.75
for those. I will give this a shot and then retry next Saturday.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6