Re: Shopping for a new QC - long

From: Josh Stolarz (jstolarz@loa.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 23:17:28 EDT

Well first, the seats, I don't have the bucket seats, and really like them,
I actually like them better then the bucket seats. For 4wd vs FT 4wd, for
your area, (I'm in RI and in Boston alot) I would say go for the part time
4wd, it will save you on gas mileage, you would really only use the 4wd in
the winter months, and full time will be harder to find. I have part time,
and I don't use 4wd all the time in the winter, and would hate to think what
my gas mileage would be like with full time. As for limited slip
differential, I would recommended it, same for the 4w ABS... One tip, try to
stay away from Herb Chambers Dodge, they are really rip offs, a real high
pressure dealership that trys to ggive you the least possible for your trade
in, and the highest possible price on new vehicles.. The best place to find
a cheap truck in your area is Port City Dodge in Portsmouth NH, they usually
have good deals....

Josh

4
> wheel ABS, limited slip differential, FT 4WD or, oddly, bucket seats. I
> can probably live without bucket seats (maybe I can add them later?) but I
> feel like 4 wheel ABS is something I really want. I'm not sure if I need
> the limited slip differential.
>
> I'm also undecided about 4X2, 4X4. I live in the Boston area, drive in a
> mostly urban/suburban environment with mixed winter conditions. Sometimes
> the winter weather is moderate but other times it can be quite
> heavy. (Last winter was a beaut!) This will be my daily commuter. I am
> not going to drive it off road. I am moderately concerned about gas
> mileage but I probably drive less than 10K miles per year. I like FT
AWD,