Re: suspension lowering questions....

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 01:56:03 EDT

Like I said in an earlier post, if you've got a Gen-III, you're out of luck
for Spindles or Shackles. For a 2" drop in the front, you have several
options-Western Chassis 2" lower control arms($229-no ball joints),AIM 2"
lower control arms($249-no ball joints)(I highly reccomend against AIM
stuff!!),lowered coil springs from any number of places/brands(run about
$100/pr), or cut the factory coil springs(many people will/do reccomend
against this, but as long as you cut them with a sawzall and not a torch, I
have seen very acceptable results). For a 3" drop, you will have to do 3"
coils or a 1" coil/2" lower arm combo. REAR for a 3"-4" Drop, you can do
Aluminum blocks(about $40 if you don't have an R/T or a 9.25" rear end,
about $80 if you do.)I reccomend against this, but it's not my truck. Steel
blocks-available from DJM(about $80-$90) Better than aluminum, but still
blocks! F/R Hangers-Available from DJM,WesternChassis, and Aim(all about
$150) if you do the hangers, you will need a plasma cutter, an air chisel, a
lift or many jackstands,and about 2 days labor. Oh, and you have to remove
the fuel tank,leaf springs,etc. Hotchkis lowered leaf springs-available from
Hotchkis or many other retailers(Summit racing is a good one)(about $350).
You can remove leaves from the factory springs until you like the height(I
would reccomend this first before buying anything, since it is free and
reversible)(cost:$0) I personally prefer this method first. It also seems to
give a much better ride than any of the other methods. However you do it,
please buy some good lowered shocks to match the drop or it will not ride
well.I run Doetsch Techs valved for my particlar truck/setup.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Eric Giblock" <egiblock@runbox.com>

about how much drop drop spindels in the front and blocks in the back cost
????

im looking for a cheap and easy way to drop my truck 2-3" in the front and
3"-5" in the back.

any sugguestions..

Eric Giblock