Pokey Got Me!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 15:57:35 EDT

Dropped Rich Quinn of the RTML off at the Navy base here in San Diego today,
right after his RT went back to DC... Was driving home, trying to get all
of the info I needed for things to pick up on the way home for my wife's
baby shower... Cruising along in the #3 lane, getting passed by a few
cards,
I look in the rear view and here comes a Crown Vic. with red lights
flashing.
SXIT! Pull over, roll down both windows, give him all my info... he tells me
"I pulled you over because you were speeding. Any idea how fast you were
going?" I replied " I was on my way home, my wife is pregnant, with minor
contractions (no lie) and I was in a hurry to get back to be with her in
case
anything got worse (it's not expected to, but I needed to be there)." I
went on to say "I looked down after I saw your lights, and saw 75. So I'd
say I was going about 75 mph." He replied back, "I have you down for 82.
Be right back." Crap... haven't had a ticket in 3 years, so I can go to
traffic school (or do it on the internet here at home). He comes back with
his ticket book and I ask "Don't suppose I could get a warning huh?" He
replied
"Well, It's too late I already wrote the ticket." Jerk... I signed the
ticket, told of my appearance date, etc... The he tells me "When you
leave to merge with traffic, drive the shoulder, build up speed, then
merge when safe.. have a nice day." I folded all the crap in my
registration
book, started the truck... looked at all of the debris in the shoulder ahead
of me and thought, no WAY am I going to drive through all of that crap...
So I rolled about 30', then nailed it... 0-65 in about 6.5 seconds...
And it chirped 2nd gear (on the freeway! he he)... After looking at the
ticket, it says to appear in Superior Court, not muni... so I might be able
to get out of this as it's the Muni court, not superior.. We'll see,
this will run me about $150 plus traffic school costs...

Thought I would share a crumming day I had with you all.

Sam '00 RT
"Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law"