Re: I want to order a new Dakota SLT Club Cab (small Truck) (comments?)

From: Thumper (thumper72@lvcm.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 22:19:39 EDT

Hey Dan,

    First off I agree with Chuong about asking to test the truck out for a
day. Make sure its what you want before you buy it. I didnt even test
drive a DAK when I decided I wanted one but have been extremely pleased none
the less!

    You are right when you say alot of the members of the list are into
getting more HP out of their DAKs by doing mods. But then again alot of the
mods that are discussed around here are helpful to the overall efficency of
the trucks. Besides, if you hang around long enough I'll bet you will be
performing mods in no time (these guys are such bad influences on the wallet
:)

    I personally, and I think most agree, would not go with the plastic
bedliner from the dealer. Many people will attest that they lead to the bed
getting scratched, rust, etc. I would opt for Rhino Liner or Line X
instead.

    I recently drove a friends 2000 DAK with the 6 cyl and 5sp and was
pretty impressed with the power it had. Hopefully you will get some more

    On a final note I like the sunglass holder too :)

Bill Boggs
ICQ# 96440831
thumper72@lvcm.com
http://www.lvcm.com/thumper/white_lightning.html
"White Lightning"
2001 CC 2WD Sport+ 4.7 Auto

"I dont want to change the world, I dont want the world to change me!"
-Ozzy Osbourne