Re: Re: I want to order a new Dakota SLT Club Cab (small Truck) (comments?)

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@kcnet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 22:42:53 EDT

At 07:19 PM 6/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey Dan,
>
> First off I agree with Chuong about asking to test the truck out for a
>day. Make sure its what you want before you buy it. I didnt even test
>drive a DAK when I decided I wanted one but have been extremely pleased none
>the less!
We bought my 92 in spring of 94. We test drove a new s10 and didn't much
care for it cramp feeling and poor clutch. When we stopped at the dodge
dealer we told him we'd just been and looked at an S10 and wanted to test
drive a dak to compare. He brought us keys to a 5.2 auto 4x4 with EVERY
option. It had the suspension/tire package and compared to the S10 felt
like twice the truck. Needless to say there were no alternatives to
getting a dak after that.

I didn't get a choice in engines. We decided on a used 92 extended cab 4x2
and it took us 7 months to find one forsale and it just happened to be a
V6. With that said, get the 4.7. The 3.9 is a great engine with excellent
reliability and decent power, but the 4.7 will give you much more power for
the same MPG.

FYI the 4 cyl. is not available in the extended cab.

As for mods... many mods will actually give you more MPG :)

mm