Re: Re: Stolen Spare Tire

From: NITF@work.com
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 19:09:42 EDT

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 14:15:46 -0400, a0004096@airmail.net ("Mark
Jackson") wrote:

>P.S. Mine had the factory locking cable installed around the frame and
>wheel. Did yours have one installed? If so, was it cut off?

Dodge no longer installs any spare tire lock from the factory, I am
currently looking into the Quick Lock at http://www.sparetirelock.com/
they have a rebate form so all you pay for is shipping $5.

I have read that the tube replacement type are too easy to get around
by either having the corresponding key or just cutting the cable so I
think this is the route to go.

The only question I need to ask them is if it long enough for the
larger tires, there were a few posts stating that some of these types
of lock aren't long enough.

NITF