Re: Dealer says...

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 17:29:29 EDT

The TB work you can do yourself in an hour. Ditto for cleaning the battery
(just some baking soda & water, I have a handy brush you can use too at
Jon's in a month).

The timing one, that's got me scratching my head. They can't change the
program on the computer w/o getting a program from DC, who in turn has to
get the program blessed by the EPA. At least on later models.

I got the "summer maintenance" coupon from Fayetteville Dodge just today,
but I'm heading to the other dealer in town (Sam Dell) on Monday for some
warranty work and I don't need the things they're offering on the coupon.
You're exactly right though, it's just an excuse for them to get you into
the shop so they can find things to do for you.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com ------------------------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness -------------------------------------------------------------