Re: s-bolt & airbox + 1:6 rockers install ?'s

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 04:08:20 EDT

oh. I can help with some ideas an the 1.6 rollers.

install all of them and loosen all the allen bolts in the middle.

do one side of the truck at a time. so drivers then passenger.

once all the rocker arms are in. to adjust them. slowly start from the
front of the motor on back, loosen the nut that holds the rocker arm until
you hear a slight tick tick tick tick... then slowly tighten until the
ticking JUST stops. give her another 1/2 or 1/4 of a turn and tighten the
allen nut in the middle in and move on to rocker #2. continue until done.
You might get oil that will splatter over your headers/manifolds, so I guess
you could get alum foil and make a little shield so it doesn't burn on them,
but that's personal preference.

on my 97+ dakota, the valve cover gasket is this reusuable material and
doesn't require replacement, so you might not need a new valve cover gasket.
  That's about it.
-Chuong

PS. it'll be extremely easy to get to the injectors with the TB linkage off
and your valve covers off, but be careful not to get gas into the oil.
Might want to look into an oil change after this is over too...

<<
I have to install a modified manifold/TB/injectors (24#) and some alum
roller
rockers (1:6 ratio).
I was wondering if there is anything in depth about installing the rockers
and how I adjust them once they're in.