Re: Oil Guage drops to 0 for a sec..

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 09:21:38 EDT

Tim,

    My truck has done the exact same thing since I got it, also. It's
happened maybe 7 times in the 2-1/2 years I've had it. It only does it when
coming to a stop, like yours. I think its the oil pressure sending unit, or
possibly a short in the wiring harness. If you do get yours fixed, please
let me know what you did.

Thanks,

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.2L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II, B&F Billet TB, Hughes Stage 1 Intake, MP cam/lifters,
MP headers, MP catback, MP plug wires, Accel Supercoil, 180 T-stat,
Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch