RE: Gearing. Question, Been brought up before but I forget

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:29:04 EDT

3.55's would be a better highway cruising gear...keeps the engine RPM's
lower for a given speed as compared to the 3.92's. The lower gearing is for
grunt...basically getting the engine into it's power band at a lower speed.
Overdrive helps mask some of this, but there still is a MPG penalty.

-Rodney