Re: which air cleaner setup to run on Gen II

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 19:06:24 EDT

I've got the Mopar air cleaner and I'm running a the Mopar(K&N)3.5" X 12.75"
filter part #5249012. The problem with it is that it fit OK when it was new,
but after it was washed it shrunk even more, now it's a very tight fit and
it looks too small for the drop base, also they use a separate breather
instead of the kind that is attached to the air cleaner, this always no
matter how many different ones I tried, created oil blow by out through the
fill cap on the valve covers, I've since switched back to a Edelbrock with
the attached breather and have had zero problems. Anyway I hope this helps.
Sam South
95 Dak, 5.2L,3.90 LSD,5-speed(Soon to be 360 powered)
14.10@98.05
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/sawcut64/home.html