which air cleaner setup to run on Gen II

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 18:27:56 EDT

Hey all!

I have just recieved my ported TB and intake manifold from hughes engine and
was wondering what you all would recommend for an air cleaner(air filter, air
hat, whatever) setup. I'd like to run the mopar perf one (to match the valve
covers) which is 12.75 inches but I have to check and see how high the filter
can be before contacting the hood (anyone already know?). I am assuming that
an open element will give me better results than my restrictive, stock cold
air intake (currently just have a K&N filter in the stock airbox). Eventually
I'll be getting a hood that has an active scoop so fresh air wont be a
problem then.

Thanks
 JOHN

 95 cc, 318, auto, transgo shift kit, DT headers, gibson exhaust (3" from
headers back, no cat, very loud), MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires,
180 stat, K&N, HE TB and manifold (stage II), 1 qt oil filter (relocated),
auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior axles, 24# injectors, 1:6 roller rockers