Re: which air cleaner setup to run on Gen II

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 19:16:49 EDT

Get yourself an Edelbrock 14" air cleaner and a 3/4" spacer. Install a taller
(I think it was about 3/4" taller) stud in the throttle body. You can now
install a 3 1/2" tall 14" K&N filter element. The Edelbrock air cleaner
kits come with a fitting for the stock vent line (though you'll probably have
to shorten the hose a few inches). The end result is a re-usable open element
air filter that is every bit as good, and a whole lot less expensive than the
$100+ K&N Gen II kit (I think the K&N kit only uses a 3" tall element). I
used the least expensive Edelbrock air cleaner (chromed steel- about $15) and
had great results.