RE: Re: Tail Gate Open light

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 09:53:26 EDT

Thinking off the top of my head, I would say that the door switches are in
series rather than parallel. This way if a door is opened the circuit is
broken. Most door switches will create a ground or open circuit. No
voltage is used. If there are no pin switches look for a lever that is
pushed in when the door is closed. Usually has a black plastic piece
covering the metal lever. Check the door pillars for it. Tying it into the
door switches sounds like an excellent idea for the tailgate switch.