Re: RE: Overheating

From: Dan Burrows (vantage@adams.net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 05:02:15 EDT

It sounds like your heater core is leaking to me too.

The way I check water pumps is sort of freaky.
I let it get really hot so that fluid moves through the lines, I have
someone rev it up a lil as I feel the water/coolent go through the
lines. (usually the big one on top that connects to the water pump.)
Squeezing the line won't work because there is pressure in the line
(thats why you don't open a hot radiator), you have to feel the water
going through the line. Thats just the way I do it, I am sure there
is a simpler way. But what can I say, everyone has their thing.