Re: RE: DML BBQ Webcam Was: 1996 Performance PCM For sale add in Paper

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 21:34:07 EDT

Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: It won't be realtime, but what about posting videotape (assuming someone
: has a camera) from each trail run when we return to base?

  I sort've did that a little bit last year. :-) I don't recall when
exactly, but one time when we were watching that day's video I played
it "downstream" of the webcam so that the pics taken by the webcam was
actually the video. :-) Of course, those were just stills, but I
guess its better than nothing. :-) I guess it would be more exciting
than watching all of us sit around watching the video! (Well, except
for when certain persons who shall remain nameless decide to moon
the webcam...) ;-) (Ok, it wasn't technically mooning the camera,
but still... the horror!) =)

  Speaking of video, Jason mentioned to me that someone who read his meet
report for last year contacted him to see if we were selling videos
of the trail riding and such. :-) Might not be a bad idea; throw
together everyone's footage in a professional manner, with titles
and such, print it to video and/or CD-ROM and offer it to folks basically
for the cost of the media and shipping, maybe with an extra dollar or
two thrown in for a donation to the DML... ?

  I suppose this is something that could be done for any meet, or
just for everyone's individual trucks. I think the MML does something
like this, and the ultralight mailing list I'm on did something similar
in the past.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'