Re: What to do with my truck?

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 03:44:41 EDT

> I know I just posted about the dealer working on my truck,but this is
> regarding a different issue I'm having right now. I've been trying really
> hard to keep my truck as clean and as perfect as possible and do the whole
> "street truck/show truck" thing with it. But, now I am having second
> thoughts abput just what I should be doing with my truck. I've tried so hard

Will, I say keep up what you are doing now. If you drive ANY vehicle
on the road it WILL get screwed up eventually, there is just no way
around it. They only way to keep your vehicle perfect is to turn it
into a trailer queen and never drive it. If you do what you can to
keep it looking good it will make a difference in the long run. It's
a good feeling when someone thinks your truck is several years younger
than it actually is because it still looks so good. When I had my
truck inspected last the inspector wrote '98 on the sticker! Of
course that was just before I drove it home from the paint shop, but
still... As far as the carpet goes, what did they do to "fix" it?
Did they dry the carpet or put anything on it? I once left my rear
slider open and it rained and got some of my carpet pretty wet. I
pulled the seat and soaked the carpet with Febreze and then set a
small shop fan in the cab for several hours until everything was
completely dry. Never had ANY odors or mildew or anything, you cannot
tell it was ever wet. Anyway, I know it's a loosing battle and it's
a lot of work, but I vote for you to keep it looking good.

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com