RE: What to do with my truck?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 00:37:45 EDT

Hey Russ, Thanks for the input! My truck is similar to an R/T, but not quite
:->! The deal with my truck is that it seems like the harder I try to keep
it clean/nice/perfect, the more crap keeps happening to it! First it was the
bedcover leaking, then my stepmom scratched the hood up, then the neighbor's
cats tore through my car cover and scratched it, then a bird took a big dump
on it that cracked the clearcoat and paint, then the front fender got keyed,
then my dad scratched the top of the bedrail, then I have ghost images of
the stickers on the doors and tailgate, then I have this swirl mark thing
going on, my new bedcover leaks and the carpet fell off of it, then the
firewall let water leak into the cab- getting the carpet pad wet, then the
dealer apparently drove the hell out of it, now my dad is making me park it
where it gets hosed in the morning by the sprinkler system, then the water
dries on it in the hot sun, making horrible water spots, and it seems like
it will never get better! Anyway, Thanks for your thoughts!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Russ Borman" <xjruss@iwon.com>

Will,

    I say lift it and use it like a truck should be used. If I had and R/T,
then I would baby it. But I have a 4x4 and I treat it like one. I do my
best to keep it clean, and it shines up pretty nice. But there is no
escaping
the little scratches and nicks that you will get in the paint. I am a bit
anal about the interior, I like to sit on a clean seat and I do my very
best to keep it like new. I figure when the paint is so beat up that I
can't stand to look at it, I'll have it repainted. Simple enough for me,
and I feel that I'm getting my money's worth out of my truck. I saw a guy
who had is entire Jeep Cherokee Line-x'd, now there's and idea... ;o)
    Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Russ
'99 CC SLT V8 4x4