Re:Dakota starter

From: Moparlary@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:18:17 EDT

Hi gang,
  I'm both new to the list and to the Dakota, having picked up a (very) used
87 3.9 L 4x4. SE. Orginally the truck was going to be a between the train
station and work ruck, but I'm having too much fun driving it.
   However I'm in the middle of installing a new starter and have run into
the hurdle of taking apart the steering shaft inder the hood to get the
starter out.
   Naturally the Haynes manual has no diagram to help, so I'm wondering if
you experenced shade tree mechanics have any tips on what worked for you. My
neighbors are getting sick of listening to my hammer and cursing!
    Thanks in advance....
    Larry Higgs, Jersey City N.J,
    87 Dakota, 95 Neon Sport Coupe, let's take Mopar back!!!!!!