Simultaneous Hi-Lo Beams on '01

From: Chris M. Giard (cgiard@magerealm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 13:42:49 EDT

Hello.
  I'm new to the list, and I have searched the archives, but I haven't
found a definitive answer to this. I just recently got a copy of the
'01 Service Manual and Body Diagnostics Procedure manual. After looking
through it, it looks like all that would be required to wire the Lo
beams to stay on with the Hi beams would be to short 2 pins (pins 6 & 9)
on the wiring harness for the Multi-Function Switch (the
turn-signal/hi-lo beam selector). The schematic shows that the switch
is only sensed, and the CTM does the actual switching.

  Has anyone tried this, or is it definitely going to trip the MIL?

Chris M. Giard / cgiard@magerealm.com