Re: OT - Best Daily driver sports coupe

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 15:24:47 EDT

      I would look for a used 97+ f-body (Z28/TA/Formula). The a4's
are capable of high 10's with heads+cam+headers and slicks, the m6's
should be, but so far have only run low 11's. 2 cars in the dallas area -
a 99z28 ran a 10.9@123 at ennis (A4, 4400 stall) and there is a six
speed that ran a 11.3@123 on bfg drag radials. I don't think for 20k
you can but a car and a new motor, but you could probably find a
car and add heads+cam in that price-cap.

   Chris Bennight