Re: RE: Trade my Dakota??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 02:17:27 EDT

Well, Jon- I've got that covered! I've got them both now! The GM(General
Maintenace for those of you who don't work on cars)products are definitely a
little harder to deal with, but it has been a very reliable truck. That
%^%^&^% side-post battery will probably dissapear soon,though! The previous
owner happened to be my father and I was in charge of his maintenance
schedule, so it HAS been taken care of properly! Thanks, Jon!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jon Smith <jon@fast4x4.net>

Will, since the 2 choices are in classes of their own I think it'd really
boil down to your tastes.

>From a mechanical aspect, there is no way I'd EVER do that swap. From my
experiences, the chevy will be more prone to break downs (esp. corrosion
from the Dex-cool) and they're just plain irritating to work on.

With 188k miles on the ticker, you're going to be dropping a lot of cash on
repair bills especially if the previous owner was slack on routine
maintence.

Keep in mind the Dak will get better mileage, and haul more butt. On the
other hand the Sub will haul more of anything else :)