Re: oil pressure oddities (GenII)

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 14:19:44 EDT

I had an 89, at one time I had the oil sender go bad. After I replaced it,
it read on the high side. Went to the dealer, they had 2 senders available
(non idiot light applications). To verify high oil pressure, temporarily
replace the electric with a mechanical.

As for the drop to zero, hard braking will move the oil forward in the pan
and away from the oil pump pickup, low oil levels will make this worse.

TonyC