*** Bed Extender Question***

From: ArcticRoze@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 13:26:03 EDT

Hello All,

Problem: 5' 3" truck bed and 9' 1" surfboard Solution: bed extender

I was wondering if those of you that have purchased bed extenders for your
trucks might give me your opinions on the ones you have purchased.
Manufacturer, price, where it was purchased from and any installation
problems.

So far I have checked out the dealership one (which is the X-Tender from AMP
Research), but the best price I could get from them was $209. It mounted
directly to the Dakota tailgate without any added drilling. I then saw,
thanks to another DMLr, that Truckperformance.com is having a sale on all
there stuff and found they have an extender by Steel Horse Auto for $170.00.
but don't know anything about this manufacturer.

Any information and opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Julie
'00 SLT+ QC V6 3.9 4x2 Driftwood
Gibson Exhaust, Quick D Intake & Throttle Body