Re: Zaino questions

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 14:58:13 EDT

John:

I've been using the Zaino for about a year and a half and love it. Once a
year I strip off the old wax with Dawn (the grease remover stuff),
claybar the surface and start all over again. So, if you're worried about
build up, don't. It's easily removed with the Dawn; otherwise, it sticks
like a fat woman on a milkshake.

Richard in San Antonio
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:23:41 -0500 John_Neff@Dell.com writes:
> Sean, I've seen the pictures, and agree that the shine is VERY
> impressive.
> One of my co-workers here uses their products on his Mushtang. But,
> the fact
> remains. If you put on enough coats that you can no longer feel a
> decal,
> then there is buildup. My experience with paint tells me that the
> buildup
> required to smooth over a decal is substantial. At that point, you
> need to
> be concerned with cracking and peeling of the finish. Also note the
> picture
> of the hood, second from the bottom and the owners comments. "it now
> looks
> as if its painted on after building the coats of Zaino...."
> Does this mean only that if LOOKS like it's painted on, or are you
> really
> unable to FEEL the decal.
> I would like to give this stuff a try, but I want to know as much
> about it
> before I order. I know it's not paint and comparing the two may not
> be
> correct, but build up is build up.
> John
>
> >There is no buildup.....this is not oil based like a wax. It is a
> polymer
> >based product.
>
> >Here are a couple web sites to check out from the F body guys
> >(Camero/Firebird):

> >This one especially shows the invisible decal lines....scroll down
> to the
> >shot of the hood, then the rear wing. That is actually a decal but
> it looks
> >at if it were painted on. I can not see any change in the
> reflection.
> >http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/zaino.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.