Re: Re: Speaking of speakers...

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 20:23:41 EDT

I'm really not looking for anything that'll win contests or anything like
that. I'm just sick of the stock speakers and I know I can do much better,
even with cheap aftermarket ones.

Would it be worthwhile to get a pair of tweeters in addition to 4 new main
speakers? Would that let me get mains that are skewed a little more
towards the low end? Would I need some extra equipment (EQ?) and an amp
for that?

I've got an Alpine CDA-7839 right now. I'm not going to be putting a lot of
money into this stereo. but it certainly neds an upgrade. There's a place
down in Ithaca (about an hour away) where the aforementioned co-worker had
his stereo set up that comes very highly recommended. He mentioned he may
be able to help me get a deal through them considering what he's spent with
them already. I'd like to do an install myself (with help), for the
experience, but I don't have anywhere I can do it, living in an apartment.
There's a Best Buy here in Syracuse but I wouldn't trust them with my
Dakota in a million years.

Where would a Bazooka go in a CC? Or anything else, for that matter. Is
there enough space under the front seat to safely mount an amp? What
options are there, w/o an MTX Thunderform, for mounting a sub?7

-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com
'99 CC 4x4 318 auto