Re: New Pages added to web site.

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 10:40:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/01 1:08:39 PM, m_styer@go.com writes:

>That temp gauge is pretty sweet Don. The tailgate warning is cool too.
> Have you noticed any differences with the exhaust wrap though? Quieter,
>smoother throttle response, ect?
>

>Mike Styer
>
>www.geocities.com/geek_farm/

   Thanks for the reply. When I did the exhaust wrap, the plugs were replace
with new 3923's, air filter & TB were cleaned, oil/filter changed and PCM
reset. Its hard to say to what point the exhaust wrap worked but the throttle
response is a bit smoother, quieter at ideal. There is less noise in the cab
not much less but less, more so on the higher end of the sound range. Also
the dripping sound onto the exhaust from the A/C is GONE!! ; )

     The main reason for doing the exhaust wrap was for noise, to help keep
it cooler under the hood and..... Well, its hard to rationalize but think of
this, DC puts the tranny cooler in the truck to help cool the tranny, but you
still have the hot exhaust pipes right from the manifold to the cat in front
of the tranny. As the truck is moving down the hi-way the heat from these
pipes are being blown over the tranny. I'm doing any thing I can to help cool
the tranny and engine. I tried this and hope it works. The sad thing is I put
in the tranny temp gauge after the exhaust wrap so its hard to say how much
the wrap really works in that respect.

Don M

http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!