cam goes in on monday

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 17:51:04 EDT

hey everyone!

I finally got all the parts I need to do the
cam/lifter/springs/rockers/manifold/injectors/valve covers.

I'll be starting the work on monday morning. I settled for the polished valve
covers 'cuz I didn't want to wait for the black ones to get in stock.
Anyway, I'll be putting the cam in (with the motor in the vehicle) so
attempting to degree it accurately without taking the heads off would be a
pain so Im going to take my chances and just install the damn thing.

Does anyone have any pointers for cam installation? do I have to remove the
oil pump shaft/gear or remove the oil pan for any reason? Do I need to remove
the distibutor shaft ntirely or just enough to get the cam in?

Any help would be great, Thanks

John S