Re: cam goes in on monday

From: Kevin (ksmith@korea.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 21:48:47 EDT

You need to remove the distributor completely, also when you pull the timing
cover, the forward part of the oil pan will be exposed. You may need to drop
it, but you will definitely have to cover the oil pan while working. Be very
careful while removing and installing the new cam. The cam bearings in the
engine are scuffed very easily. Use lots of engine assembly lube, the cam
should have come with the proper lube. On the distributor, make sure you are
at TDC #1 cylinder. With the cap off mark the position of the rotor on the
manifold, so you can install it in the same position.