Re: WARNING! was, cam goes in on monday

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 00:31:55 EDT

Do not use cam lube on the bearing journals unless the cam manufacturer
specifically tells you to! It should say this with most cam instructions.
Cam lube is thick and sticky, perfect for lifters, bad for bearings, causes
the bearings not to lube properly for a short while until the cam lube is
washed away. Use liberal amounts of fresh oil on the bearings so that you
can get oil to the bearing on startup

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)