Re: Car Ware...Clear Lens Recall!

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 09:39:11 EDT

I think the reason for the recall is because as of
July 1st, all clear corner lenses that are completely
clear and only rely on colored bulbs to bring in red
or amber lights are outlawed. This is a Federal order
from the NHTSA. I've got a friend that owns a speed
shop in Indy and he has received recall notices on all
"completely" clear lenses with the order from the
NHTSA attached. They will only allow clear lenses
that are colored with the appropiate markings in the
background to be sold now. There is no gradfather
clause attached to this either. Everyone will have to
change to the new style of lense.